Thursday, June 20, 2013

WIP - Mish Mash

As I've had a few other things on my mind of late my craftiness has been jumping around like a frog on steroids.  You have been warned

First up, I was a good girl and finally quilted my plus quilt (first shown waaaay back in March).

QUILTING - Crosshatch on plus quilt

Now all I need to do is to have a few hours of quality couch-time while I handsew the binding on.  Any good movies anyone can recommend?  Please, no fantasy or sci-fi.  Blurgh.  ;)

To continue being a good girl, I also finished up my blocks for the Care circle of do.good.stitches.

QUILT BLOCK - Garden Lattice for do.good.stitches Care Circle, June 2013

For June, my gorgeous friend, Kristy, requested Garden Lattice blocks (minus one strip) in yellows and greys, with a black centre and bright white crossover.  I love the simplicity of these blocks and think the final quilt will look stunning.

Another set of blocks I've been working on are Bear Paws, as I've been itching to join along with Lucy and Janine.

Bear Paw

Originally with these I tried this method for the HST but found the bias edges a little tricky.  After a small moment of stomping my uggies I pulled it together and went back to ye olde fashioned way.  Sure, it is a little more work but I was much happier with the results.

QUILT BLOCKS - Bear Paws in orange

The plan for these are a baby quilt for a little boy born just last month.  My colour palette will be based around this perfect backing fabric I picked up yesterday, while engaging in some much needed retail therapy.

FABRIC - Paddington Bear

Cute, no?

While I was shopping I had to pick up some backing fabric for Shiver Me Timbers, my pirate quilt.  I initially wanted something theme-appropriate, like crossbones or some such, but in the end I went with something on sale and in Perth. 

FABRIC - Red

Sure, an excuse to order online and then have to fill up the envelope with the full 9 yds (to save money, obviously) would have been nice but... so would a new bathroom.  And laundry.  And furniture.  And garden.  I'm sure you get the picture.

Thirdly, I might have also grabbed this sweet Wink Wink in Meadow, a part of the Botanika collection by Paula Press for Michael Miller.

FABRIC - Wink Wink in Meadow

The reason for this purchase is hush hush but... aren't those birds just so sweet?!

And then, lastly, I also grabbed a few bits and pieces for my secret Le Challenge project.  Are you playing along this month?  I hope so!  I can not wait to see everyone's interpretations of the theme: TOFFEE.

Well that's where I am at currently.  I can't promise that anything listed here will actually be worked on next - but one can only hope!  ;)

E.

PS - Apologies for the crappy phone pics.  My camera and I are currently fighting.  Unfortunately it seems to be winning.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced. PS - have you seen her fabulous new pattern, Diamond Tread? LOVE!

7 comments:

  1. Okay where to begin. Um loving the combo of white/orange for the paws...you doing that throughout or is that just a tidbit of an overall larger scheme? Also the wink wink Botanika fabric is pretty much hands down some of my favorite stuff ever - birds, green, vintagey pattern feel --- yeah = awesome. Toffee? Shit I missed that...what the hell to do for that theme. Hmmm this is going to keep me up all night...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Erin! Too much awe for words. I too have many many projects, but I'm so determined to stick to only two at a time. One for when the other starts driving me crazy. I love the yellow and grey bee blocks, this will be an amazing finish I think. The plus quilting looks awesome - so simple but so effective! Keera x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Erin! Too much awe for words. I too have many many projects, but I'm so determined to stick to only two at a time. One for when the other starts driving me crazy. I love the yellow and grey bee blocks, this will be an amazing finish I think. The plus quilting looks awesome - so simple but so effective! Keera x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Babe. All gorgeous. Love that Wink Wink fabric! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilting is just perfect for the Plus quilt - well done you for getting stuck into it!

    Can't wait to see your lattice blocks in person - perfect! As is that green birdie fabric - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. movie recommendation: bbc's version of "north and south" by elizabeth gaskell. a good old victorian romance for you. i keep thinking of it lately because there is a scene in a textile mill with cotton fuzz blowing everywhere like snow . . . and my machine has been gathering lots of fuzz lately, too. =) lovely flick if you like that sort of thing and plenty of time to bind! i may do just that as i have two to bind right now.

    ReplyDelete