Wednesday, November 2, 2011

WIP - Softies for Mirabel



Have you heard about Softies for Mirabel?  It is a fabulous Christmas Craft Appeal, run by Pip from Meet Me At Mikes, that benefits the Mirabel Foundation.  This amazing organisation supports children who have been orphaned or are living with extended family due to parental substance abuse so a little bit of handmade love for Christmas goes a looooong way.  The mailbox for this year's drive is now open so if you feel like spreading the love then it's time to start crafting!

My first donation to the cause will be this lovely creature, made from a Dolls and Daydreams pattern.  She has come together amazingly quickly (I started her between much needed couch-time last night) and all that is left to do is the face embroidery... and then sew her together and stuff.  Easy!

This is the first time I've used this pattern and I have been amazed at the simple and easy-to-follow instructions.  Seriously - if you are a newbie to softie making then this is the pattern to try!  If you've had a little more experience then this is still a winner as you'll be able to whip up these delightful dolls in no time at all.  And, at 19"(48.5cm) tall, there is a lot for a little girl to love.  I can't wait to get her done.


As I know that it's not only little ladies who love their softies, I also plan to make a less feminine creature that can be given to either a boy or girl, as required.  Again I have been scrolling through the Dolls and Daydreams etsy shop but I can't seem to decide which pattern to get.  Hmm... a sheep?  Frog?  Fox?  Monkey?  Zebra?  Oh, I might just have to buy them all!

If you too would like to jump on the bandwagon and make a softie for this great cause, then click on the button at the top of this post.  I will also be keeping it in my side bar for the next few months so feel free to pop back any time.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

This post has been linked up to WIP Wednesday at freshly pieced.  Feel free to jump across and check out all the great projects that people are working on all over the world.

Small Blog Meet

I am also taking this opportunity to link up to the Small Blog Meet over at Lily's Quilts.  I have somehow managed to miss this the last few months so should get on board again.  If you have popped over from Lynne's then welcome.  Please leave a comment so I can repay the favour.  I look forward to checking out your blog and getting to know you a little. 

E.

15 comments:

  1. Adorable!!! I love the stripy legs!! Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are seriously adorable! Hmmmm- I may have to try one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the softie. She looks sweet but sassy, my kind of gal! I have to check out the Etsy shop - my girls love sheep and lions...Hahahaaa I just realized how funny that is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable doll! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your works are amazing! Gratulations!
    suzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm here from SBM and I love your little softie. She is so cute!! I'm excited to see what else you have been working on & I'm now a follower. I hope you can stop by my blog when you get a sec. Have a great day! January T

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun little doll! My girls would LOVE one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a sweet doll! Those fabric choices are so playful! It's nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those softies are SO adorable! You'll never know what they will mean to a little ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's really cute! It's always great to get a bit of charity craft done - it seems to warm the heart lol! I can't wait to see which pattern you choose next
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is gorgeous, and looks like a lot of fun to make. I think I might have to pop over and check out the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute little gal! I love her striped legs! Can't wait to see what you make next :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so adorable. And what a great cause it is going too. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The doll is adorable. I came over from Lily's Quilts and her Small Blog Meet.

    ReplyDelete