Wednesday, November 23, 2011

WIP - Pillows Anyone?

I must admit, not much has been happening around Chez Missy Mac in the last week or so.  Well, not much sewing/crafting/creating at any rate.  My poor Christmas to-do list is still looking rather full.  Uh oh.  But I am working on a few goodies, so hope is not completely lost.  Yet.

My main items on the go seem to be pillows.  Yes, plural.  No, nothing is complete.  Unfortunately I haven't seemed to master the art of finishing something before starting anew.  Sigh.



Firstly is a personalized pillow for my cousin's son, Alexander (obviously).  My auntie asked me to design and make something with a car theme - so this is what I've come up with.  Now I would like your help though.  What should I put in the blank space infront of the car?  Originally I had a set of traffic lights in the gap but it just didn't work.  Infact, it really bugged me.  So, now I'm stumped.  Any ideas?  I'd love you to leave a comment with any suggestions.


I will be backing (and possibly bordering) the pillow with these Alexander Henry prints.  I love those little cars!  I went crazy when I purchased these fabrics so will have to start thinking of some future projects for them too.  Unless Alexander wants, or needs, a bed full of pillows?!  ;)

I'm also working on another personalized pillow but, as the recipient's mother occassionally reads this blog (I think), I can't show you this one just yet.  AND... I have another two on order for Christmas which are still just design ideas bouncing around in my head.  Time to get a move on, me thinks!


Even though I shouldn't be, I've also been wasting spending time with this personal project - my Mod Mosaic Floor Pillow (ala Oh, Fransson!).  I was originally planning to leave the quilting until I mastered FMQ but as that is a completely unrealistic plan, at this stage, I thought I'd dive in.  As you can see I've now made a start with diagonal lines running each way through the centre - but again I need your help.  Should I (a) continue quilting in this vein with diagonal lines 1" apart  OR  (b) focus on the individual triangle segments and quilt "v" shapes pointing towards the centre (sorry, not sure on the technical term for this), 1/2" apart.  The more I look at it the more I'm leaning towards option b... but I'm in a very indecisive mood so would love some (more) help.  Thanks in advance.

Lastly, stay tuned for a little giveway now that I've reached 50 followers.  Fun!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I am once again linking to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.  I am loving some of the goodies that have popped up over there this week.  Yum!  Check them out.


E.

13 comments:

  1. Alexander's pillow is perfect as is. I like the car off centre. I think that putting anything else on the pillow will make it too busy. It really is fabulous!!! Everything works; the design, the fabric, the colours.

    The Mod Mosaic floor pillow is on my to do list. I love your version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arrows towards the diagonal then give it to me. Love the other bits too. Think u should come over and fmq w me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the car as it is. If you really want something maybe a street sign or lights...

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.s that was from the mum that does occasionally follow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a CUTE pillow, I would have NOTHING in front of the car, it's great like that....
    UNLESS you want to embroider a few beams or lines from the headlights...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that you don't need anything else on the pillow. It might look neat to quilt slip stream lines around the car. As for quilting, I vote for option b. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cushion - I also don't think it needs anything else. Oh, and option b for the mod mosaic - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also going to go with option "b", I hope you have fun quilting it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree. I think the car pillow is perfect as it is with nothing in front of the car. Your V shape quilting sounds fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Alexandra pillow is fine just how it is don't change a thing.
    Maybe he would like a little quilt to go with his pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think beams of light coming from the car would look really cool (all the other thoughts I had were a bit disturbing - like roadkill, I'm ill so not functioning on a nice level!!) Oh and I agree option b!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Option B!!! And, as for the pillow I think it looks awesome but a beam of light could be cool... Maybe do it in paper and see how it would look? xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dude, that mosaic floor pillow is awesome! You've probably already done it, but my vote goes for B. And the pillow looks fab, too!

    ReplyDelete