Friday, November 4, 2011

TGIFF - A Forgotten Finish



Remember this little man from a few weeks ago?


Well... somewhere between then and now I finished him... and then promptly forgot about it.  Which is strange because he has been sitting in my lounge room staring at me every day, wondering when I will blog about his utter cuteness.  So, before he gets any more upset at my oversight (and seeing as how it is TGIFF and I thought I had nothing to show), I'd like to proudly introduce Sergeant Sebastian.


Isn't he adorable??  I know, I know, I'm not supposed to say that about my own creations but I can't help it - he just makes me gush.  I love him soooo much (even if he has a really big head).

For those that are interested, here are some little facts -
  • Sergeant Sebastian is made from a pattern by Rachel of The Two Windmills.  Her design was originally for an astronaut but I figured it would do just as well for a little soldier. Was I right or was I right?!?
  • I used a combination of felt and cotton fabrics.  The gorgeous camo is Meadow Friends Cotton Grass Green and Boy Camouflage.  I purchased mine from The Fat Quarter Shop.
  • He is 11.5" tall.
Now I just need to get a move on and get my nephew's matching pjs finished before Christmas.  Oh the cuteness!  Oops, there I go again.  ;)



This post has proudly been linked to this week's TGIFF over at Quokka Quilts.  Seems I had a finish afterall.  Who would have thunk it?  ;)

E.

12 comments:

  1. You are right - he is adorable! You could do matching boxers for your bf :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sergeant Sebastian IS adorable! Love the cute hand stitched face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny BIG HEAD SEBASTIAN is cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is SO adorable! You remind me that I have to finish a softy I started ages ago but did not get around to finish her :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, Erin! Your nephew will love this! Especially with the matching pj's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's ok to gush, he is cute! That will be such a fun gift, and so cute to see your nephew in the matching PJs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sebastian is super cute , you did a fantastic job. It's nice to make something other than quilts sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should be proud, he's wonderfully appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute! Did you hand stich the face?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute little man! Are you going to make a matching one for your nephew to go with the PJ's?

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is seriously cool! My son would like him a lot. And I love his big head.

    ReplyDelete