Saturday, November 26, 2011

November Swapping with QBSA

This month in the Quilting Block Swap Australia group I was paired with Michell, who asked for either a Sawtooth or Pinwheel in civil war or reproduction prints.  Even though we are only asked to make one 12.5" (unfinished) block, I decided to make Michell one of each of her choices - for the practise and to use up the fabrics.

Sawtooth
 
In the past I've had problems with star blocks and, though this Sawtooth still proved tricky for me and is not perfect, I do believe I am now a little closer to conquering it.  Next time!  Hopefully Michell is able to use it regardless of the little errors.

Pinwheel

Thankfully, the Pinwheel went much more smoothly and came together with no problems at all.  Infact, it was alot of fun.  I am extremely happy with this block - and that is especially nice as of the two patterns this was Michell's preference.  Yay!  (Sorry about the weird, unrealistic colour of this pic.)

Yesterday I was lucky enough to receive my block from Michell.  For the purposes of this swap I've stated my preferences as either Abstraction or Birds in the Air in predominately white & black with touches of red or orange or yellow.

So, without further ado, this is the lovely block that Michell made for me.  The yellow swirls are gorgeous.

Birds in the Air

For December I have been paired with Brenda of Ohio who has requested Storm at Sea in blues and browns.  This one looks a little trickier but I'm up for the challenge.  Wish me luck!

E.

4 comments:

  1. Great blocks - I love the yellow one you received, the fabric is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty!! I've just added star blocks to my list of things to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look wonderful. Looking forward to seeing the storm at sea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a fun swap! And I don't see anything wrong with your first block! They both look great!

    ReplyDelete