Saturday, November 19, 2011

Charming Stars = Complete

QuiltingforKids

Remember these stars that I made in September?


Well, the amazing Sarah of So Sarah Sews has just completed Charming Stars, the first of two (nay, make that many) quilts for foster children.  So you must, must, must jump over to her blog and check out the finished product.  It is gorgeous!  If you are interested, I think my block is in the first row, third from the left (or second from the right, whatever you prefer).

Garden Fence is currently in hiatus thanks to an injured machine but Sarah hopes that this quilt will also be completed very soon.  And, then, Sarah plans to put a call-out for some more block donations, this time for a boy, so if you are interested, be sure to join the Quilting for Kids Flickr page.

Thanks Sarah for organising this charity drive - and for bringing all our blocks together in such an awesome quilt.  Love it.

E.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Erin, I think the quilt turned out so beautiful. I really hope it will help the qirl to feel some love!
    I also wanted to say thank you for referring me and my blog to Tanya from Craft Couture by T.C. We exchange emails now and it's so sweet to know more people who also have to manage a long distance realtion ship!
    Have a lovely weekend, Sana

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt!!! Such a lovely thing for you all to do. I so have to learn to quilt... hopefully next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a gorgeous quilt! well done you for contributing to the beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great quilt and your block looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the 4th time in a row that I write a comment, press submit, and it gets erased bc I have to put that stupid code word in. Ugh!!!

    But, I love you, so let me start again. This is so great to see everyone put a little bit of themselves in a donation quilt! I love it. Such an awesome idea. Glad you found Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely blocks! (I love the purple... <3) It's the first I've seen of them, since I wasn't following in September. But the quilt turned out soooo lovely. That's wonderful you contributed!

    ReplyDelete