Friday, August 5, 2011

L.A.R.A.


A few months ago, I had a go at making some soft baby cubes for decoration at a friend's baby shower.  To my delight they were an absolute hit with her niece so I decided that Lara deserved a set of her own.  Afterall, it is always a thrill to make things for someone who really appreciates them.

As with my first set, these include applique letters, with a picture on the reverse.  I had particular fun stitching L for Lion and am extremely pleased with the results (unfortunately I need to work on my picture taking skills though - sorry!).  There is also A for Alien, R for Rabbit and A for Apple (hopefully the worm won't gobble it all up before the post arrives).  ;)


The fantastic thing about these cubes is that you can use different materials (cotton, minky, corduroy etc), applique and even tags for a completely different look and feel.  It all depends on you!  These particular ones are made with 100% cotton and are 9x9x9cm.

If you would like me to make some of these for a little friend in your life, please email me the particulars and we can work out a suitable (and affordable) price.  I'm also thinking of working on a tutorial if anyone out there is interested.  Please let me know.


Happy Birthday Lara.  I hope you enjoy these cubes, too.

E.

5 comments:

  1. These blocks are fabulous, Erin!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin, it took me a while to find out you are my latest follower cause my readers list only gives the names but never their blog names. I am glad you found my blog. I found yours on Lily's too. I am still catching up with reading all the new blogs, leaving comments and pressing the Follow button ;-)
    I really like those cubes. Very cute!
    Sana

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow........i really adore these!! They are unbelievably cute. I would LOVE a tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. once upon a child hours I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article...

    ReplyDelete